Sanskar College of Pharmacy & Research
About the Sanskar College of Pharmacy & Research (SCPR)
Pharmaceutical research is a dynamic area today in terms of new discovery, fundamental research, new business opportunities, and significant contribution to health care areas for a healthy and prosperous tomorrow. To fulfill the need of the Pharma Industry for disciplined and competitive employees, SCPR is imparting technical education in B. Pharm. and M. Pharm. Course (Pharmaceutics ) since 2005.
Sanskar College of pharmacy & Research is one of the fastest growing pharmacy college in Delhi region, which has been providing value based quality education and high level of motivation to the students so that they will have outstanding ability to contribute significantly to the development of health care in the country for a healthy and prosperous tomorrow. The college approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and Pharmacy council of India (PCI), New Delhi and is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) 100 SEATS
Bachelor of Pharmacy (Four years course) was introduced from the inception of this institute in the year 2005.
Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm.) 15 SEATS
M. Pharm. (Two years course) in Pharmaceutics was introduced in the year 2010
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.)
Candidates who have passed 10+2 with two compulsory subjects Physics, Chemistry and one optional either Mathematics or Biology or Bio-Technology (any one subject) with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in required subject combination (two compulsory & one optional) i.e. PCM / PCB and must be clear pass (No grace)
The candidate MUST HAVE qualified the relevant entrance test from any state of India.
Pharm. 2nd Year (Lateral entry):
Candidates who have passed 2 years Diploma in Pharmacy securing minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) in aggregate without any grace marks..
Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm.)
Candidates who have passed B.Pharm course with 60% marks without any grace marks. The candidate must have qualified either GPAT exam or PG Entrance Test conducted by the university.
Programme Educational Objective
Herodotus, the great Greek philosopher of the yore, once remarked, “ Removing human suffering is a pious duty of all concerned. Therefore, those who produce drugs to cure the diseases are divine beings”. The Doctors prescribe the medicines to cure the diseases of the human beings but they are the Pharmacy Degree holders who are associated with production and sales of medicines by joining in various pharmaceutical industries. It will be earnest endeavor of our college to provide quality education and high level of motivation to the students so that they will have outstanding ability to contribute significantly to the development of health care in the country.
Career Opportunity for Pharmacy Profession
India enjoys an important position in the global pharmaceuticals sector. The Indian pharmaceuticals market is the third largest in terms of volume and thirteenth largest in terms of value, as per a report by Equity Master. India is the largest provider of generic drugs globally with the Indian generics accounting for 20 per cent of global exports in terms of volume. This makes Pharmacy profession very lucrative in terms of building careers and practicing novel services.
- Research and Development (R&D)
- Industrial Pharmacy
- Manufacturing / Production
- Packaging and Labelling
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Sales and Marketing
- Product Management Team
- Cosmetics Industry
- Regulatory Affairs and IPR
- Pharmaceutical Production Management
- Clinical Research and CRO
- Bio-Informatics and Chemo-Informatics
- Hospital Pharmacist and Clinical Pharmacist
- Community Pharmacist (Drug Store)
- Academics / Teaching
- Drug Control Administration (Drug Inspector)
- Medical Transcription
- Nuclear pharmacy
The college is housed in sprawling campus with an imposing building along with excellent infrastructure and modern well-equipped laboratories. Today’s requirement is that the student should be ready to face the challenges of the market, the moment they complete the professional qualification in Delhi Ncr and Ghaziabad. For this providing practical knowledge to them during their study is very important.
At SCPR, all the laboratories are very well planned and equipped. The latest equipments as per the University Curriculum are the part of the respective labs. The college is committed to provide maximum hands-on exposure to the practical aspects of the knowledge, a student achieves during the course of their education.
College laboratories are divided into five main divisions.
This division encompasses many subject areas which are all concerned with scientific and technological aspects of the design and manufacture of various dosage forms. The following laboratories are established in this division.
- General Pharmacy / Community Pharmacy Laboratory: This laboratory is designed for the formulation of oral liquids like solutions, syrups, elixirs, suspension and emulsions etc. and topical agents like ointments and cream etc. The laboratory is well equipped with Percolators, Ball mill, Suppositories moulds, Ointment filling machine, Collapsible tube crimping machine and Glucometers.
- Pharmaceutical Technology / Unit Operation Laboratory: Various oral dosage forms like tablets, capsules, syrups, emulsions and suspensions etc.; topical agents like ointments and creams and various cosmetics products like Shampoos, Shaving creams, Powders and Lipsticks etc. are formulated and evaluated for their stability in this laboratory. The Machine Room is equipped with Tablet making machine, Tray dryer, Tablet Coating & Polishing machine, dissolution test apparatus, disintegration test apparatus, Friability test apparatus, Capsule filling machine, Capsule counter, Bulk density apparatus, Ampoule filling & sealing machine, Clarity test apparatus, Double cone blender, Humidity control oven, Ointment filling machine, Collapsible tube Crimping Machine, Lipstick moulds, Reynolds apparatus, Orifice meter, Venturimeter, Bernoulli’s apparatus, Manometers and Centrifuge.
- Physical Pharmacy / Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics Laboratory: This laboratory helps in understanding the basic physiochemical properties of the drug itself necessary for the efficient design of dosage forms, the bio-pharmaceutical considerations such as how the route of administration of a dosage forms affects the rate and extent of drug absorption into the body and the therapeutic consideration which decides the most suitable type of dosage form and possible route of administration. The laboratory is well equipped with double beam UV – VIS spectrophotometer (Shimadzu, Japan), Brookfield’s viscometer, Humidity control oven, Photocolorimeters, Microscopes with stage micrometer.
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology Laboratory: This sophisticated laboratory is designed to help the students familiarize with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP); design, development and maintenance of aseptic areas; procedure for sterility testing; growth, cultivation, isolation and identification of microorganisms in medicines; Microbiological assays etc. The laboratory is well equipped with Autoclaves, Centrifuge, Laminar air flow bench, Incubator, BOD Incubator, Antibiotic zone reader and Colony counter etc.
Pharmaceutical Chemistry has contributed indirectly to the development of chemistry in terms of designing of pathways of synthesis. It involves one hand isolation, characterization and synthesis of compounds that can be used in medicine for the treatment & cure of disease.
- Physical Chemistry / Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory: The laboratory is well equipped with Refractometer, digital pH meter, Polarimeter, Conductivity meter, Potentiometer and Colorimeter.
- Organic Chemistry / Medicinal Chemistry Laboratory: This well furnished laboratory provides facilities for practical training in Organic chemistry and Pharmaceutical Medicinal Chemistry for the synthesis and structural elucidation of medicinally important compounds. The lab is equipped with Precision Melting point apparatus, Distillation unit, Rectification unit, Oven, Muffle Furnace and Ion deionizer.
- Pharmaceutical Analysis / Biochemistry Laboratory: In this laboratory elaborated Pharmacopoeial methods are used for the analysis and quality control of drugs and pharmaceuticals. This laboratory helps the students to familiarize with the modern methods of analysis and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP). The laboratory is well equipped with analytical instruments like UV-VIS Spectrophotometer, digital pH meter, Polarimeter, Conductivity meter, Colorimeter, Karl-Fischer Titrator.
- Central Instruments Laboratory: Equipped with the latest state-of-art analytical instruments, this laboratory assists the students to acquire hands-on training on these instruments. It imparts student practical training in pharmaceutical and analytical chemistry and assist in research work. The laboratory includes sophisticated analytical instruments like HPLC (Waters), UV-VIS spectrophotometer (Shimadzu), digital pH meter, digital conductivity meter, digital potentiometer, Flourimeter, Nephelo Turbidity Meter and Flame Photometer etc.
Pharmacology Laboratories has the facilities to carry out pharmacological screening of chemical substances for the development of new drugs.
- Pharmacology Laboratory: Well equipped laboratory helps in training the students in practical studies of pharmacology and chemotherapy, bioassays of various drugs, etc. The advanced pharmacology laboratory is specially designed to carry out animal model experiments for analgesic, anti-histaminic, antipyretic anti-hepatotoxic, anti-ulcer, anti-inflammatory activity testing of known and new drugs of chemical and herbal origin. This laboratory is equipped with Sherrington’s Kymograph machine, Perspex bath assembly, Rorarod, Analgesiometer, Actophotometer, Lucas moist chamber, Pole climbing apparatus, Convulsiometer, Plethysmograph, digital pH meter and Computer with LCD etc.
- Animal house: Animal house is well ventilated, air conditioned and hygienic, which is well designed as per the CPCSEA guideline. Animal house has the provision for keeping various animals like rat, guinea pig, mice and rabbit etc.
- Anatomy, Physiology & Pathophysiology Laboratory: This well- equipped laboratory train the students in practical studies of Anatomy, Physiology and Health Education. The lab is well equipped with Medical Microscopes, Sphygmomanometers, Stethoscopes, Clinical Thermometers, Haemocytometers, Sahli’s Haemocytometer, Hutchinson’s Spirometer, Bone sets (Human), Human Skeleton, Human Torso, Slides of Human Tissues and various models like Eye, Ear, Heart, Brain, Lungs and Kidney.
Identification and evaluation of crude drug which are obtained from plant, animal & marine sources are carried out in the Pharmacognosy department. This laboratory assist the students acquire skills of identification, morphological and microscopical studies, isolation, estimation, pharmacological uses and formulation aspects of various medicinal and aromatic plants of traditional value. Special facilities have been created to impart training in tissue culture techniques. Laboratories are equipped with the facilities such as Projection microscope, Incinerator, Zone reader, Colony counter, soxhlet apparatus, clevenger’s apparatus, TLC kits, compound microscopes, stage micrometer, oculometer, grinder and distillation unit.
|Name||Scientific Name||Uses (Medicinal Values)|
|Aloe vera||Aloe vera||Soothing, moisturizing, and healing properties.|
|Ashoka||Saraca indica||Treatment of excessive uterine bleeding.|
|Amla||Phyllanthus emblica||Enhance digestion, treat constipation, reduce fever, purify the blood.|
|Lemon Grass||Cymbopogon citratus||Lemongrass oil is used as a pesticide and a preservative|
|Palash||Butea monosperma||It is used for timber, resin, fodder, medicine, and dye|
|Isapghol||Plantago ovata||Demulcent, cooling, diuretic|
|Giloy||Tinospora cordifolia||Treatment of jaundice, diabetes, and rheumatoid arthritis, and is also used as an immunostimulant|
|Henna||Lawsonia inermis||For skin dyeing, an anti-fungal[,it is traditionally used in various festivals and celebrations.|
|Gudhal||Hibiscus rosasinensis||Cosmetic skin care; cough, hair loss or hair greying.|
|Cardamom||Elletaria cardamomum||Flavoring agent|
Since time immemorial importance of the herb is known. In ancient days treatment of the major diseases was mainly herbal based. Also, the herbal drugs are an important source of medicines used in modern health care system. It is well known that all parts of a medicinal plant like roots, branches, twigs, stems, leaves, flowers, fruit or seeds can be used as medicines. The global acceptance of utility of plant-derived drugs has given an impetus to commercial cultivation of medicinal plants. India is rich in natural flora with more than 10,000 species of medicinal herbs used systematically in formulations of indigenous medicines and modern drug delivery systems. The use of, and search for, drugs and dietary supplements derived from plants have accelerated in recent years.
Some of the Important Herbs available in our medicinal garden and their medicinal values
This laboratory is well equipped with 40 Computers of latest PIV hardware specifications and Relevant Legal System and Application softwares. All the computers have internet facility of band width (2 Mbps) and 24 x 7 hours.
- Awarded “Best Pharmacy College in North India” by Royal Brands Pvt Ltd. in 2015
- Awarded “Best Pharmacy College in UP” in Concern 2012 (Consortium for Competence in Education and Industry of India) jointly organized by The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHEM) and Bal Bharti Academy.
- Awarded “Best Pharmacy College in Delhi/NCR” for two consecutive years 2010 & 2011 by Times Research Education Excellence.
UNIVERSITY RANKERS: We provide our students knowledge with academic excellence to get commendable ranking in University top students list. Every year our students are ranked amongst Top-20 in University’s merit list.
- Recently, Pradeep Jaiswal (85.96%) bagged Second position in university top 10 students list and awarded with silver medal.
- Nikita Nirwan (85.31%) got 5th position in University Top-20 student list in 2015
- Shalini Rana got 17th position in University Top-20 students list in 2013.
- Divya Garg got 6th position in University Top-20 students list, 2012
- Nikita Nirwan got 3rd position in University Top-20 students list, 2012
- Meenu Sharma scored 3rd position in University Examinations (GBTU), 2011
- Mukul Kalra (2005-06) has secured 4th position at the university level securing 80% marks.
- Mr. Ravindra Bhardwaj joined as Research Associate in Manchester University, (UK);
GPAT QUALIFIED STUDENTS: GRADUATE PHARMACY APTITUDE TEST (GPAT) is a national level entrance exam conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year to select suitable Pharmacy graduates for admission into the Master’s (M.Pharm) program. Scholarships and other financial assistance are also given to GPAT qualified students on the basis of the GPAT score. Every year our students are qualifying GPAT exam with good score.
- Pawan Jaiswal – GPAT 2017 qualified (AIR-621)
- Nisha Tomer – GPAT 2016 qualified (AIR-266)
- Sumit Kumar – GPAT 2016 qualified (AIR-1182)
- Gaurav – GPAT 2016 qualified (AIR-1489)
- One of the top institutes of Delhi/NCR having very high pass percentage registered in past University exams. 2017 witnessed more than 85% clear pass percentage in all years.
- Competent and well qualified faculties from best Pharmacy institution of India.
- Well equipped laboratories at par with latest industry requirements.
- Collaboration with top Pharma giants for training and placement.
- Guest lectures by Industry experts and renowned academicians.
- Organization of National conferences, workshops, Tech-fest and various Inter-college competitions to bring out innate talents of students.
- Special guidance for GPAT, GRE, NAPLEX and IELTS for higher studies.
- Ravindra Bhardwaj worked as a Research Associate in Manchester University, (UK)
Training And Placement
The Institution has collaboration with top Pharma giants for training and placement. We provide industrial exposure through Industrial tours and 100% placement assistance through personality Development Programs for students on continuous basis.
Major Pharmaceutical companies where Sanskar College of Pharmacy and Research students got Placement are :
|DR BABITA KUMAR||DIRECTOR & PROFESSOR|
|Mr. ARUN KUMAR||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|Ms. PREETI CHAUDHARY||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|Mr. AMRIT KUMAR PATEL||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|Mr. LALIT SINGH||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|Ms. JASPREET KAUR||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|DR QURRATUL-AIN||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|Mr. DINESH KUMAR YADAV||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|Ms. ANURADHA SINGH||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|Mr. MOHSIN HASAN||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|Mr. PERWAIZ ALAM||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|Ms. RITU CHAUHAN||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|Ms. SHABNAM AIN||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|Mr. SHIV KUMAR GUPTA||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR & HEAD|
|MR. RAVINDER SINGH||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|MRS. MEENAL GUPTA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|MR. PRABHAKAR CHAND||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|MOHAMMAD SHAWWAL||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|MRS. NEETI ANAND||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|MRS. VANDANA SINGH||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|MR. ATUL KUMAR PAL||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|MR. BAIBHAV KUMAR TIWARI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|MS. VINEETA YADAV||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|MS. SRISHTTI SHARMA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|MR. AMAR SINGH||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|MS. MONIKA SHARMA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|